Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Reflection on Peer Reviewed draft for project 4

Please see my previous post, Peer review for project 4, for the hyperlinks to the drafts that I edited.

This letter is written to my peers and professor of English 102. My readers will have a similar background as myself because the topic of the letter is the process we have all been going through in this class. Nothing in my letter should come as a surprise. The opinions and ideals of my peers and professor are for grading purposes only, so I shouldn't be disrespecting my peers through this letter in any way. My peers have the expectations that I will follow the guideline given to me to answer the questions my professor wants to know for this project. I have stuck to the outline and so should meet my readers' expectations. The level of information needed to get my point across in this letter is not as much as usual. Because my readers have gone through the process with me, they understand my experiences. I shouldn't need to include strong and minute details because they should be able to understand by reading the text the same concepts that I am talking about. By overindulging in details I would be insulting their expertise. This letter is supposed to be semi-formal, so the language should match the genre. I will need to use a tone that shows that I believe us all to be on the same level as far as respect and intelligence goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment