Monday, August 10, 2015

Punctuation, Part 2

I looked at Unnecessary Commas, The Apostrophe, Quotation Marks, and End Punctuation.

I always thought that commas were to be used to show the reader pauses, because that is how we read them usually, but by reading this chapter I have found that it is not the case. I was most surprised that numbers and dates did not allow for apostrophes. This was such a shock to me. I always thought they needed them. I also think it is mind-blowing that lowercase letters and A's and I's do need an apostrophe. I liked how the last chapter emphasized not overusing exclamation points.

ADDITION:
After revising my paper, I think I would need to focus on the use of apostrophes and end punctuation. I think I stick to mostly periods, but that I could use an exclamation to spice up and add force to my paper, probably in the conclusion when I am trying to convince the readers to start a movement.


"But this doesn’t stop with the voice of this article. The voices of those reading and watching my video will need to speak up as well. In order to get our government to hear our message, we need to use more than our words. We need to write letters to our officials, we need to share these messages, share our opinions, no matter how small or large. "

Or...

"We need to raise our signs, our voices, our written words, and our powerful message until it reaches the most powerful people related to this topic; our government. Let us get our children the help that they need to succeed in every system, in every way, possible. Let us get more educational funding for DHH students. "

No comments:

Post a Comment