Monday, August 10, 2015

Reflecting on my writing experiences

I enjoy writing if it is on my terms and for purposes that I am motivated about. If I am not fully motivated, if I have to write more than once on the topic, or if at any point in time I get bored during the piece, I don't put in as much effort as I should because I am not driven. I didn't really enjoy writing when I came into this course, so this process hasn't really changed.
I have learned to be more patient with my writing process and to look more closely at the grammar and punctuation. I believe that the writing process is more complicated than I thought it was at the beginning. There can be a lot more steps and processes to fulfill in order to accomplish something worth publishing. I think the peer review process can also be more lengthy than I originally thought. I think being given both positive and helpful feedback is more beneficial than just what should be fixed. I think I learned a lot of how to take feedback as well as give feedback in this course.
There were not any conferences with my peers or my teachers.
I didn't discuss my paper with anyone outside of class, however, I did tell my roommates when I found out about the apostrophe rules - they were as surprised as I was!
I think each time I revised a new paper I was able to revise a little more efficiently. I think this just came with practice.
I didn't realize that the genres we looked at were really writing genres. I found it interesting that this class had me look at more unconventional writing genres than what I thought we would be exploring.
I hope that if I ever take another writing class again, it is not online. I felt a huge disconnect with my peers and teacher. I would hope to have a timely response with my classmates and professors.
Writing only fits into my lesson plans at the preschool now. I don't see this changing any time soon. I don't plan on pursuing a higher level of education in the next 5 years, so I believe that my writing essays and such have come to a close for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment