Monday, July 13, 2015

Sports and Transgender Controversies

Displaying PicsArt_1436829381140.jpg
Harper, Joanna. "Do Transgender athletes have an edge? I sure don't." July 13, 2015.
Washington Post April 1, 2015.
My second assignment was to pick a controversial issue of 2015, find an article, and post the link for you all to read. I chose Transgender women in sports because I have quite a few friends of the LGBTQQIP2SAA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Questioning, Intersex, Pansexual, Two Spirited, Asexual, and Allies) community. This is a big part of my life.

This article from the Washington Post is about a Transsexual woman expressing her concern for a bias opinion on women transgender athletes. She states that she feels that her competitors don't understand that she doesn't have advantages because she used to be a woman. I think this is a big issue recently due to the gay rights movement winning in the supreme court. I think many people can argue both sides of this powerful and thought-provoking issue which is why I chose it. 

1 comment:

  1. A very important issue. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    Be sure to re-read the original directions on how to post pictures. You're citing perfectly, but the images themselves are not showing up.

    ReplyDelete