Thursday, July 30, 2015

Reflection on Project 2 Draft:

I reviewed Aaron's and Jess' drafts.


  • My audience is specifically students interested in pursuing teaching special education or deaf studies following graduation. 
  • My classmates will probably be bias towards integrating deaf and hard of hearing students with hearing students throughout their education experiences without the knowledge that sometimes it is unnecessary or not what that student really needs. This topic has so many points of view as to what is "right" or "wrong" that it can get hard to figure out what is best for the particular child - which is the most important thing. I think I also try to stay as neutral as possible so I shouldn't be disrespectful of their opinions. 
  • Their values will be mixed between education with hearing and not hearing students. They will expect this article to take a side, which is tries not to do, so it will be interesting for them when they have to interpret if there is a bias or not on their own. 
  • I think I need to give more information in the form of quotes. I have trouble doing this because I have been taught through my profession that quotes should NOT be used AT ALL. I took a class that required research papers every other week and if we used a quote we were negated 20 points because it is not encouraged in my field. I learned to not like using quotes which is why I struggle to put them in my papers. I wonder if there is a better way of using the information without using quotes? 
  • I can use a professional yet not entirely scientific approach to my audience. I shouldn't expect them to read a research novel about this article if it isn't expected of us in our field. While my field will be about reading research papers and journals, I don't think I should expect that of my peers right off the bat. I should save that language for when I have my doctoral degree. 
  • I usually have trouble staying consistent with my tone. I need to review this. My tone should remain consistent while keeping a positive and open tone. I don't want to get too opinionated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment