Saturday, July 25, 2015

Analyzing the message in "Education options for children who are deaf or hard of hearing" by John Miller

Of the bullet points in the text, I think the main message of this article is to inform the audience about a topic that is often misunderstood. However, I would say that this topic isn't so much misunderstood but rather unknown entirely. The other points that come close to this author's message include; respond to a text, explore a topic, or analyze a topic.

Some of these bullet points are not relevant to my article including, express an opinion, interpreting, persuade readers of something, reflect on a topic, advocate for change, or to move readers to do something. I think these do not fit because my author does not take a side in the debate.

The important message in this article is to inform the readers of their options and to allow them to make the decisions on this topic because it reflects personally. I think this author is trying to avoid adding layers to the message or persuasion because of how personal this topic is and how confusing so many other sources can be with their own opinion. I think by sticking to a easy to interpret article of all sides to the situation the author becomes a highly reliable and usable source.

No comments:

Post a Comment