Thursday, July 23, 2015

Reflection on Project #1:

  • What challenges did you face during the Quick Reference Card project and how did you deal with them?
    •  
  • What successes did you experience on the project and how did they happen?
    • I think the greatest success I felt was following the analysis of a single source. Through the lengthy process of discovering the source paragraph by paragraph I learned a lot about the source because I had to describe each paragraph with so much detail. I liked how much I learned and how my end paragraph turned out. I wish I had done that with each source. 
  • What kinds of arguments, rhetorical strategies, design choices and writing practices did you find the most effective for your project? Why?
    • I found that focusing on one side to the argument was narrow-minded. I also found that outlining everything made the final product come together faster and in a more organized manor. 
  • What kinds of arguments, rhetorical strategies, design choices and writing practices did you find were not effective for your project? Why?
    • I think next project I will choose a topic with more options. There is a debate on play versus educational curriculum for preschoolers but the debate is almost over. There was a lot of information to support play oriented curriculum and not a lot for the other side. I would like to find something with more support for both sides. 
  • How was the writing process for this project similar to other school writing experiences you’ve had in the past? How was it different?
    • I have had to write multiple essays and research papers in the past. However, I do not usually need to show my work or go this far into detail on each step of the writing process. I found that there are a lot more steps than what I am used to doing for this assignment. 
  • Would any of the skills you practiced for this project be useful in your other coursework? Why or why not?
    • I would like to keep trying to do the article summary paragraph by paragraph skill set. I think it does take a long time but that I may be able to learn more than a regular reading from it if I do take the time. I think this may come in handy when reading textbooks as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment