Saturday, July 18, 2015

QRGs, the Genre

This genre seems to focus on the fast and most important facts, not leaving room for little insignificant details to the topic, and is focused on helping someone learn more about something that they probably already know a little bit about. It seems like this type of writing is for those who want or need more information fast about a certain topic. This is defined by the use of visuals to greatly enhance the writing, and simple topic sentences that help a reader find the answer they are seeking fast. 

Response to three other blog posts:

I looked at Selena's blog first. I found that her use of words to be concise and detailed, but not overly informational was helpful and she was very intelligible. 

I then looked at Aaron's blog. I found that we had similar ideas, but varied in who the audience was. I like that there was a bit of controversy there because it shows how different people can think many different things from the same information. 

Lastly, I looked at Helen's blog post. I thought she went into a lot more details than may have been needed, but that the common ideas she carried were the same. I liked how she exposed the authors, and not just the genre, in her post. 

3 comments:

  1. Very brief and concise answer. I write a lot like this, too, when more words won't really add much to the explanation. I agree with your characterization.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with your evaluation of how the QRGs are faster ways on finding out quick information on a certain topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was intrigued when you talked about how QRG left little room for no insignificant facts. I never thought of it that day. I saw it as a place to get us much information in as you can. But the fact that theres no insignificant facts makes it easy to read through and understand.

    ReplyDelete